Gas Detection Training | ICON | $99.00 per person
Course Starts at 8:30 am
Our 4 hour Gas Detection Training course program consists of two parts; Classroom Theory session and a Hands On Practical Training session. All participants must pass both sessions to become certified.
In the course we will explore the features and operation of the most common detector tube devices (bellows and piston) and gas monitors (continuous gas, combustible gas, fixed continuous). You will learn about explosive ranges, toxic atmospheres, oxygen levels, flammable substances and control, principles of flammable gas, vapour detection, and much more!
Upon completion of this course you will learn how to perform inspections, gas tests, interpret alarms, evaluate evacuation and alarm responses, and the limitations of gas detection equipment.
Other course topics include:
- Lower Explosive Limit (LEL)
- Occupational Exposure Limits (OEL)
- Hot work and gas testing legislative requirements in the Alberta OH&S Act
- Hot work in accordance with NFPA 51B Standard for Fire Prevention
- This course will provide you with the information and skills in the DETECTION and CONTROL of FLAMMABLE and TOXIC ATMOSPHERES to help you remain safe while working around potentially dangerous work sites.
- Don't have an appointment?, that's okay, walk in's are always welcome at 5610 48th Avenue Camrose Ab. -
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm